I don’t have a conventional oven. I want some pizzas. I don’t really like the pizzas I could find outside. So I think I’ll do it myself. Here I combine two cookeries, one is a frying pan and the other one is a toaster oven, the two things I have nicely and conveniently at home. The ingredients are simple, since I’m kinda lazy to make a complicated one and it was sort of an experiment since I have never done it this way before. First time it didn’t turn out right. This time it was nice!
For the crust:
1 1/2 c all purpose flour
1 c water
1/2 c olive oil
For the sauce:
13 cherry tomatoes
1 tsp salt
Make the sauce first to allow it to sit and blend with salt nicely.
1. Roast the tomatoes in a sauce pot under medium heat till skins are breaking open.
2. Blend tomatoes and salt in a blender (or food processor) till juicy like.
— Set aside —
To make the crust and pizza:
1. In a mixing bowl, first place flour in the bowl, pour water slowly into the flour and mix with a spoon or a scraper. Mix it well.
2. Add oil, blend well into the batter.
3. Sprinkle some salt, do it twice. Then keep mixing.
4. Use a fork to press and break down all the flour that’s stick together. Do that till the batter is very smooth.
5. Heat up 1 tbs olive oil in a frying pan under high heat, reduce heat to medium when oil is hot.
6. Use a large serving spoon, spoon out one scoop of batter, place on hot pan under medium heat (like making pancake). Heat it for 2 1/2 – 3 minutes each side or until either side is crusty and brown.
7. Place on a plate and spread tomato sauce on the crust, top with cheese.
8. Send to toaster oven. Toast for 3 or 4 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly brown. (If you don’t like it brown, just melt it is fine.)
9. Ready to serve. For this one, I sprinkled with some cayan pepper and black pepper. For my other slice, I did just plain cheese.
Servings: makes 4 pizzas